Wednesday, October 22, 2008

3 AM







It's 3 AM and I should be sleeping because the wee one is. However, he will be waking within the next 45 minutes and I am taking a small break. A little me time if you will.

The hardest part about being a parent, especially a mommy, is the complete change it takes on your life. For me it has been more than I imagined but ever so worth it. For the longest time I was always focused on me first. My husband second. And it was always a nice balance that suited me at the time. However, now and for the past five weeks (Can you believe it has been that long?!) it has been about Talon. He is first and for most important in my life. It's amazing to me just how much I love him. Being a mommy to a newborn (Can I still use that term for him??) changes a lot. I sit and think back on things that just a month and a half ago were completely different. I wouldn't give up what I have now though. He's completely worth every bit of lack of sleep, forgetting to eat, slightly stinky in need of a shower, can't do this or that yet type of stuff.
Anywho, today my MIL and SIL will be arriving from Fort Myers, Florida. This will be there first official and in person meeting of Mr. Man. I'm extremely excited for them to meet him and get to see just how precious and perfect he is. How he completes are life with no questions asked. How he will bring such happiness and joy to their lives and such amazing smiles to their faces. I've waited for this for a long time. If only FIL were here... I know he is in spirit and we miss him dearly. I just truly wish our dream had came true when he was still alive, but unfortunately life doesn't always happen the way we plan things. I've been working hard to get the home in order for our guests. Its taken some time and hard work. It seems that as soon as I'd get started on something, anything, Talon would wake up and want or need attention. Isn't it funny how they do that? And yes, they truly do it... Before, I always thought that was more of a myth or what not but it's not. As crazy as it sounds, it does happen. LOL But, happily our home looks welcoming and cozy. It's definitely sporting the "baby lives here" vibe but we welcome that! We've waited so very long for that! In our living room we have his swing, his elevated bouncer/rocker, a regular bouncer and not to mention diapers/wipes and what not. Because I am one of those parents that don't change their child on a changing table or in a "certain" room. I change him where it's convient and easiest... and my friends, that is typically on the leg portion of the recliner in the section... lol. Hey, it works for now. So granted there are a few small last minute touches to do, we are ready completely for our visitors and I can't wait! They will be departing the 28th of October and I'm sad about that. It's not nearly enough time... but we'll take what we can get.

I'm not sure if I will get any sleep before they arrive... I need energy and sleeping in small spurts seems to wear me out. However, tonight my MIL is going to be a blessing and take care of Talon while the hubby and I rest completely comfortable...together... in our bed... for a FULL nights sleep! What an awesome thing to look forward for! LOL
Oh, Thursday the 23rd, we'll be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary! Hey, what can I say... I love that guy!















1 comment:

Jolene said...

Congrats on 7 years, what an accomplishment! Hope you enjoy your visit with your MIL and I LOVE hearing about how much you love being a mommy!! <333